*NEW 4 Hour ACTIVE BIRTH WORKSHOP– A birth preparation intensive for expectant couples – Sat or Sun afternoons 2-6pm
This workshop will empower you as a birth team ,building confidence together and teaching you practical skills & information to prepare for an Active Birth
During this workshop you will:
- Connect as partners & prepare for birth as a Team!
- Learn about Active Birth Vs Active Management of Birth
- Learn about the hormonal physiology of labour and how to influence your body’s hormones to work optimally for birth.
- Build a pain coping mindset
- Cover stages 1, 2, 3 and 4 of labour
- Learn comfort strategies and positions for labour.
- Practice Breathing and deep relaxation techniques.
- Learn the importance of the role of the Birth Partner, and lots of practical tips for helping your partner and providing meaningful support during labour.
With a little preparation,you can give birth more calmly…more confidently…more in control, giving ownership of the experience back to you, and ultimately, giving you a more satisfying, enjoyable and positive birth experience.
Why book a Active Birth Workshop?
These workshops are facilitated by a Doula, with insight and hands on experience working in all of the Maternity hospitals in Dublin. This workshop gives you a special time to focus on your baby together and plan for one of the biggest days of your life. Even for those who are sceptical at first, you will leave the workshop feeling excited, confident and ready to meet your baby! You’ll also have the opportunity to chat with other couples who are preparing for a positive birth experience.
Workshops are held in our lovely, cosy and relaxing space @ Holistic Nurture Centre in the heart of Blanchardstown Village,Dublin 15. Holistic Nurture is the perfect environment to nurture your birth journey with small class numbers in our warm, comfortable studio. Tea/coffee breaks with healthy snacks provided throughout the day. (lunch not included). There are plenty of cafes/restaurants right on the doorstep. You are also welcome to bring your own packed lunch. Do wear loose, comfortable clothing. Blankets and pillows provided for relaxation sessions.
Active Birth workshop – €100
For bookings click on the following link-
ACTIVE BIRTH workshop Sat Oct 26th 2019
ACTIVE BIRTH workshop Sat Nov 30th 2019
Please fill in the contact form below for any enquiries. Thank-you!