*NEW 1 DAY ACTIVE BIRTH WORKSHOP– A 1 day antenatal & birth preparation intensive for expectant couples – Saturday OR Sunday 10am-5.30pm
This workshop will help each couple to feel empowered as a birth team ,preparing you for a fear free birth, building confidence and emotional resilience.
During this workshop you will:
- Connect deeply as partners as you prepare for birth.
- Learn about the hormonal physiology of labour and how to influence your body’s hormones to work optimally for birth.
- Build a pain coping mindset.
- Cover stages 1, 2, 3 and 4 of labour (includes the “golden hour” and initiating breastfeeding).
- Learn comfort strategies and positions for labour.
- Practice Breathing and deep relaxation techniques.
- Cover techniques for focus – visualisation/affirmations/mindfulness.
- Build resilience and confidence in yourselves individually and as partners.
- Learn the importance of the role of the Birth Partner, and lots of practical tips for helping your partner and providing meaningful support during labour.
- Discover different birthing options and the importance of developing your birth preferences.
- Learn about Active Birth Vs Active Management of Birth.
- Understand how to make informed decisions, using evidence based research.
- Learn how to confidently navigate hospital policy & procedures.
With a little preparation,you can give birth more calmly…more confidently…more in control, giving ownership of the experience back to you, and ultimately, giving you a more satisfying, enjoyable and positive birth experience.
Why book a Nurture Birth Workshop?
These workshops are facilitated by a Doula, with insight and hands on experience working in all of the Maternity hospitals in Dublin. This workshop gives you a special time to focus on your baby together and plan for one of the biggest days of your life. Even for those who are sceptical at first, you will leave the workshop feeling excited, confident and ready to meet your baby! You’ll also have the opportunity to chat with other couples who are preparing for a positive birth experience.
Workshop Dates for remainder of 2019 Sep 22nd, Oct 20th, Nov 17th
Workshops are held in our lovely, cosy and relaxing space @ Holistic Nurture Centre in the heart of Blanchardstown Village,Dublin 15. Holistic Nurture is the perfect environment to nurture your birth journey with small class numbers in our warm, comfortable studio. Tea/coffee breaks with healthy snacks provided throughout the day. (lunch not included). There are plenty of cafes/restaurants right on the doorstep. You are also welcome to bring your own packed lunch. Do wear loose, comfortable clothing. Blankets and pillows provided for relaxation sessions.
1 Day workshop – €180
For bookings click on the following link-
NURTURE BIRTH workshop SEP 22nd 2019
NURTURE BIRTH workshop Oct 20th 2019
NURTURE BIRTH workshop Nov 17th 2019
Please fill in the contact form below for any enquiries. Thank-you!